Wednesday, November 23, 2011

count your many blessings...

so I’ve been kinda anxious and stressed out the last couple of weeks due to an accumulation of a lot of different things, and I hate feeling like that. since the current tendonitis in my right foot has been keeping me from running, which is my usual stress reliever, I had to think of something else to make myself feel better. 


 as I was walking to campus on monday, I decided to start listing off things in my head that I am grateful for…. “well, I’m grateful that I have a healthy body, and that my family loves me, and I have lots of friends, and I live in a free country, and I’m able to go to college, and I have the gospel in my life, and it’s not raining right now, and I have warm clothes to wear, etc….” after I had gotten to class and couldn’t think of anymore right then, I thought “wow, my life is not even hard. I have nothing to complain about.” I’ve also been in a really good mood since. I’m now a firm believer in the hymn “count your many blessings.”

I think this is all very appropriate for this time of year since thanksgiving is tomorrow, and we’re supposed to be thinking of what we’re grateful for anyway. 


when I really stop and think about it, there are SO many things that I am grateful for, but the one that is always on top of the list is my family.



I know it’s a little cliché to say you’re grateful for family, but I mean it with all of my heart. I’m grateful that when we get together we always have tons fun even if it’s only for dinner or a very competitive and loud game of charades. I’m grateful that one of us only has to say one word, and it starts an hour long movie quoting session, or how everyone will still gather into the family room when Arthur comes one.  



Rachel- since she’s the oldest, I’m grateful that she was such a great role model for everything and that she helped me discover my love for music and traveling.


Josh- I’m grateful for his random movie quote texts and that when he visits from California I always remember how much I miss him.

Jeremy- I’m grateful that he’s one of my support systems down in provo and that I can talk to him about anything.



Zach – I’m grateful that he’s my other support system down in provo and that he is secretly the most creative person I have ever met.


Nathan- I’m grateful that he can give me one look and it’s enough to bust up laughing and that we share the same nerdy obsessions.



Hannah – I’m grateful that she shares my love for ballet and musicals and that she’ll let me impart my wisdom when it comes to dealing with bratty teenage girls.

Jacob – I’m grateful that he loves to tell me what’s going on his life and he still always lets me jump on the tramp with him.

Matty – I’m grateful that he is always my Disney trivia partner and how he gets so excited when I come home.  
My parents- I could probably write a novel on why I am grateful for them. But basically if it wasn’t for them I would not be the person that I am today.
I’ve never really noticed how big my family is until we were all crammed into my tiny apartment in provo on tuesday. I think it might have overwhelmed my roommates a little bit, cause we’re all pretty loud and sometimes kinda weird. But you know what, I wouldn’t trade them for anything.



2 comments:

  1. Wow. What a great post Bekah. You asked me the other day if I ever read your blog. Well, here I am reading it and I think it's really nice. Don't ever get too discouraged! I agree with you that our family is awesome and we have so much to be grateful for! Thanks for the little reminder. And I am so excited for you and your upcoming study abroad! I mean, really, I am SO excited for you! You are going to love it!

    ReplyDelete